Jagdeep Dhankar, the governor of West Bengal has stunned the nation by saying that the arrows of Arjun of Mahabharat had nuclear power. It is a tragedy that, the governor has made this brilliant statement while inaugurating a science fair in Kolkata.
[Source: The Times of India dated 15.01.2020]
The Additional Sessions Judge in Delhi has told the Delhi Police that, they are behaving as if Jama Masjid is in Pakistan. The judge has made this observation because, the Delhi Police had arrested Chandrashekhar Azad, the Chief of Bhim Sena, on 20th December, 2019, for making a speech at Jama Masjid, against the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA). The judge asked the Delhi Police, what is wrong with organising dharna? The judge further stated that the right to protest is one’s constitutional right. The judge also echoed the feeling of the citizens by stating, “people are out on streets, as what should have been said inside Parliament was not said”.
[Source: The Economic Times dated 15.01.2020]
1. Com.Nageshkumar Nalawade - Rs.10,000/-
2. Com.John Verghese - Rs.5,000/-
3. Com.Kumbhare - Rs.5,000/-
4. Com.Kolhe Chandrapur - Rs.5,000/-
5. Com.Ulhas Paigude - Rs.3,000/-
6. Com.Yusuf Hussain - Rs.2,500/-
7. Com.Amita Naik - Rs.2,020/-
8. Com.Ganesh Hinge - Rs.2,000/-
9. Com.M R Shinde – Rs.2,000/-
10. Com.Kautik Baste - Rs.2,000/-
11. Com.T.M. Sadanandan – Rs.2,000/-
12. Com.Vilas Savade – Rs.2,000/-
13. Com.Mahesh Arkal – Rs.2,000/-
14. Com.Shilpa Sawant - Com.2,000/-
15. Com.Lalu Kondalwade – Rs.1,500/-
16. Com.Madhu Sisodia – Rs.1,111/-
17. Com.Balakrishn Kasar – Rs.1,111/-
18. Com.Madhavi Mane – Rs.1,111/-
19. Com.Praful Pendurkar – Rs.1,000/-
20. Com.Santosh Chachad - Rs.1,000/-
21. Com.Anant Vaidya - Rs.1,000/-
22. Com.Diwate, Satara - Rs.1,000/-
23. Com.Krishnakant Angre - Rs.1,000/-
24. Com.Hema Ramkumar - Rs.1,000/-
25. Com.LashmiVenkatesh - Rs.1,000/-
26. Com.Yashwant Kekre - Rs.1,000/-
28. Com.Ashwini Gupte - Rs.1,000/-
29. Com.Subhedar Satara - Rs.1,000/-
30. Com.Rajendra Lahane - Rs.1,000/-
31. Com. Vidya Sonawane - Rs.1,000/-
32. Com.NareshKumbhare - Rs.1,000/-
33. Com.Devidas Vergude - Rs.1,000/-
34. Com.Pimplkar, Retd.SDE - Rs.1,000/-
35. Com.Arun Ugle - Rs.1,000/-
36. Com.Sanjay Nagpure - Rs.1,000/-
37. Com.Srikanth Pandit - Rs.1,000/-
38. Com.Satish Devkar – Rs.1,000/-
39. Com.Narayan Bodas – Rs.1,000/-
40. Com.SudhirDeshpande – Rs.1,000/-
41. Com.Sampath Argade – Rs.1,000/-
42. Com.Mamta Wadhwa – Rs.1,000/-
43. Com.Rajesh Srivastva – Rs.1,000/-
44. Com.Arun Suryavanshi – Rs.1,000/-
45. Com.Srikanth Pandit – Rs.1,000/-
46. Com.Amarnath chahun – Rs.1,000/-
47. Com.Lala Sheikh – Rs.1,100/-
48. Com.Ravindra Patil – Rs.1,000/-
49. Com.Nyaneshwar Bhor – Rs.1,000/-
50. Com.A.R.Wagchaure – Rs.1,000/-
51. Com.Suresh Warungse – Rs.1,100/-
52. Com.B.D. Ramchandre – Rs.1,000/-
53. Com.Vishmbhar Kadu – Rs.1,000/-
54. Com.Chandorkar – Rs.1,000/-
55. Com.Dilip Devkar – Rs.1,000/-
56. Com.S.R .Pandey – Rs.1,000/-
57. Com. Vinod Meshram – Rs.1,000/-
58. Com.Anil Patil – Rs.1,000/-
59. Com.Sharad Rahat – Rs.1,000/-
60. Com.Ajay Phadke – Rs.1,000/-
61. Com. Manesh Nikam – Rs.1,000/-
62. Com.Avinash Londhe – Rs.1,000/-
63. Com.Sandip Gulanjkar – Rs.1,100/-
64. Com.Madhura Savardekar – Rs.1,000/-
65. Com.Bharti Wagadare – Rs.1,000/-
66. Com.Pradeep Betkar – Rs.1,000/-
The Indian Medical Association (IMA) has taken strong exception to the statement reportedly made by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi. The Indian Medical Association (IMA) on 07th January, 2020, asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi to deny or prove his alleged statement that, top pharmaceutical companies bribed doctors with women escorts. The country’s largest doctors’ body demanded that the PM should apologise if he fails to do so. “Reports have appeared in the media regarding the purported statement by Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi that top pharmaceutical companies bribed doctors with women escorts. IMA takes strong exception to the statement if it has been really made by the Prime Minister,” a media release from IMA said. The PM reportedly spoke about ethical marketing practices during a meeting with top pharmaceutical companies earlier this month. “IMA wants to know if the government had details about companies involved in supplying women to doctors why it chose to invite them for a meeting in PMO rather than initiate criminal proceedings,” the IMA statement said.
[ Courtesy: thehindu.com – Mumbai 15th January, 2020 05:51 IST ]
The Supreme Court rejected yesterday, the petitions of Vodafone Idea, Airtel and Tata Teleservices, for a review of the judgement of the Apex Court delivered on 24.10.2019. By this judgement, the Supreme Court widened the definition of the Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR), based on which licence fee and spectrum usage charges are being calculated. As a result of this judgement, Vodafone Idea, Airtel and Tata Teleservices have to pay Rs.53,000 crore, Rs.35,000 crore and Rs.19,000 crore respectively, more to the government. Vodafone Idea has already announced that it would shut down it’s operations in India, if it did not get relief from the Supreme Court judgement.
1) Com.H.S. Rao, Sagar – Rs.1,000/-
2) Com.M K Shukla, Bhopal – Rs.1,100/-
3) Com. Vikas Gaur, Indore – Rs.1,100/-
4) Com. Sharad Shastri, DS, Jhabua – Rs.1,100/-
5) Com Deepak Sharma, DS, Khargone - Rs 1100/-
6) Com. Parvej Ali, Jabalpur – Rs.1,000/-
7) Com. S K Gupta, Bhopal – Rs.1,000/-
8) Com. D K Gupta, Indore – Rs.500/-
9) Com. B L Kushwah, Dewas – Rs.500/-
10) Com. Pranay Shegaonkar, Indore – Rs.500/-
As per the call of the CHQ of BSNLEU, Contract Workers Relief Fund was collected in Ludhiana district. Along with BSNLEU, comrades of AIBSNLEA and AIGETOA also participated in the collection. Totally, Rs.1.75 lakh was collected as donation in Ludhiana district. Distribution of relief, in the form of food materials, has started now. Relief materials were jointly distributed to 60 contract workers yesterday, by BSNLEU, AIBDPA, AIBSNLEA and AIGETOA. Each worker received food materials worth Rs.1,400/-. Com.Avatar Singh Jhande, DS, BSNLEU, Shri Charan Das, PGMT, Ludhiana, Com.Balvinder Singh, CS, AIBDPA, office bearers of AIBDPA, AIBSNLEA and AIGETOA participated in the programme.
Com.B.Narayan Rao, one of the founding leaders of BSNLEU in Karnataka circle, passed away at 12:00 hrs. today. He was 80 years old and had been unwell for some time. Com.B.Narayan Rao hosted the first Karnataka Circle Conference BSNLEU at Mangaluru. He had been participating in the activities of CITU also in Dakshina Kannada district and coordinated between BSNLEU and CITU. CHQ pays it's respectful homage to Com.Narayan Rao and conveys it's heartfelt condolences to the family members and friends of the departed leader.
As per the call of the CHQ, BSNLEU, relief materials are being distributed in AP circle, from the "Contract Workers' Relief Fund", already collected in the circle.
Kadapa: Relief materials were distributed to 22 contract workers in Kadapa district. Food materials worth Rs.1,500/- each were distributed to them. Com. Manohar, District Secretary, CITU, Com.A. Subbarao, DS, BSNLEU, together with Com.Reddeppa and Com.S.N.Raju, distributed the materials.
At Ananthapuram, food materials were distributed to the contract workers today the 03.06.2020. The programme was participated in by Shri Ravikumar, DE, STR, Com.G.Chandrasekhar, DS, Com.Umamaheswarrao, Treasurer, etc.
The Corporate Office has issued the minutes for the Formal Meeting held by the Director (HR) with BSNLEU, on 14.01.2020. The Director (HR) has cleared the doubts of the Union about the fears on ‘increase of workload’. Further, he has also assured that the concerns of the Union, regarding the ‘transfer liability’ of the Non-Executives would be taken care of. Further, he has assured that, the Management at the circle and SSA levels would hold dialogue with the Recognised Unions, to sort out issues arising out of VRS and implementation of Business Areas. Hence, utilising this minutes, circle and district secretaries are requested to hold discussion with the administration, for sorting out the problems arising at the circle and SSA levels.
In the Formal Meeting held by the Director (HR) with BSNLEU on 14.01.2020, it was decided to have a separate meeting, to discuss the issues connected with the JTO LICE. This decision is taken since BSNLEU wanted to discuss the issue of granting relaxation to the failed candidates of JTO LICE held on 26.05.2019 and the issue of non-declaration of results of the JTO LICEs in Punjab circle, as additional items. The Director (HR) was kind enough to grant a separate meeting to discuss these two issues. Accordingly, it is informed today that, the Director (HR) has fixed the above stated meeting at 16:00 hrs. tomorrow.
The ALTTC has issued an office memorandum on 01.06.2020, regarding the JTO Phase-l training. CHQ is getting a lot of queries, expressing grievances and apprehensions about the contents of the letter. Hence Com.P.Abhimanyu, GS, had a detailed telephonic discussion today, with Shri M.K. Seth, CGM, ALTTC, Ghaziabad. The important clarifications given by the CGM, ALTTC, to the queries raised by the General Secretary, are as follows:-