So far, South Korean handset maker Samsung was holding number one position in handset sales. But Huawei has beaten Samsung now. In the 2nd Quarter of 2020, Huawei has sold 55.8 million handsets while Samsung has sold 53.7 million devices. Huawei has made this achievement, despite the ban imposed by the United States and many European Countries.
[ Courtesy : Indian Express dt. 30-07-2020]
1) Mysore district union – Rs.10,000/-
2) Telecom Central Govt. Information Technology Housing Society, Bengaluru, (President: Com. H. V. Sudharshan) - Rs.10,000/-
3) Com. Gnana Prakash, Ex.ACS( VRS) - Rs.5,000/-
4) Com. C. P. Vijaykumar Dist treasurer. BGTD - Rs.5,000/-
5) Com.Md. Ali Khan, DOB BGTD - Rs.3,000/-
6) Com. B. V. Murthy, BP, Vijayanagar, BGTD - Rs.2,000/-
7) Com.Shinde, VP, BGTD - Rs.2,000/-
Donations from Civil Division, Karnataka circle :-
1) Com. Ganesh, SE(C), DGM - Rs.5,000/-
2) Com.Chitravathi, JTO(C) - Rs.5,000/-
3) Com.Parvathamma, JE(C) - Rs.5,000/-
4) Com.Mohan, JE(C) - Rs.2,000/-
5) Com.D.M Farooq, AOS - Rs.3,000/-
6) Com.Selvamani, JE(C) - Rs.3,000/-
7) Com.Channaveraiah, JE(C) - Rs.1,000/-
8) Com.Nirmala, JE(C) - Rs.1,000/-
9) Com.Bhujang Bhushan, DGM, HR Admn. - Rs.2,000/-
10) Com.Narayan, EE(HQ) - Rs.2,000/-
11) Com.Malliga N, OS - Rs.2,000/-
12) Com.Seethalakshmi M, P.Secy to CE(C) - Rs.5,000/-
13) Com.Kusuma, P Secy. to CE(C) - Rs.3,000/-
CHQ conveys it's hearty thanks to all the comrades.
BSNLEU is continuously pursuing all the important staff issues with the Management and is taking efforts to find a solution to those issues. Today, Com.P.Abhimanyu, GS, telephonically discussed the following issues with Shri Arvind Vadnerkar, Director (HR).
(1) Relaxation in qualifying marks of the JTO LICE held on 26.05.2019.
Only a very few candidates got qualified in this exam, because of various problems in the question paper. 10 questions were asked with multiple correct answers. BSNLEU demanded that, the candidates should be given full marks for all these 10 questions. However, the Recruitment Branch stated that, as per the existing SOP (Standard Operating Procedure), all these questions have been removed. Thereafter, the issue was discussed with the Director (HR) and the CMD BSNL on various occasions and relaxation was demanded to the qualifying marks. Even though the Director (HR) is sympathetic, no improvement has come so far. This issue was once again discussed in detail with the Director (HR) today, who has assured to look into the case afresh.
(2) Holding JE LICE as offline exam.
BSNLEU has consistently been demanding that the JE LICE should be held immediately. The Union is also demanding that the exam should be held as an “off-line” exam. The issue is already discussed several time with the Director (HR) and the GM(Rectt.). In today’s discussion, the General Secretary urged upon the Director (HR) to hold the JE LICE as an "off-line" exam without further delay. He pointed out that the aspirant candidates are frustrated, since they are waiting for the past couple of years to appear in the exam. The Director (HR) assured to do the needful.
(3) Payment of Rs.10 lakh as compensation to the employees who die due to COVID-19.
As per the Hon'ble Delhi High Court order, the DoT has already issued letter, as per which the employees who die in accident, while on duty, should be paid a compensation of Rs.10 lakh. The Postal department has already extended this to the postal employees. Accordingly, the postal employees who die due to COVID-19, will be paid a compensation of Rs.10 lakh. BSNLEU has already written to the CMD BSNL, demanding implementation of this scheme to the BSNL employees. In today’s discussion, the General Secretary insisted immediate implementation of this scheme, in view of the fact that, the BSNL employees working at the field level, have become vulnerable to COVID-19. The Director (HR) replied that he had already directed the SR Branch to look into this matter. He also assured that the matter would be expeditiously looked into.
1) Com.S.R.Das, CS, Odisha - Rs.5,000/-
2) Com.Chittaranjan, ACS - Rs.5,000/-
CHQ heartily thanks these comrades.
The United States is spearheading a campaign against Huawei that, the Chinese company is involving in spying and causing threat to national security. Under this circumstance, the South Korean Telecom giant, LG Uplus has stressed that Huawei does not pose any security risk. It is very important to note that South Korea is an important and close ally of the United States.
[Courtesy: ET Telecom dated 26.07.2020]
1) Com. Ashok Parikh, CS, Rajasthan - Rs.1,000/-
2) Com.P.K.Jain,Organising Secretary (CHQ) - Rs.1,000/-
CHQ heartily thanks these comrades.
21.05.2020 को भोजन अवकाश के दौरान प्रदर्शन आयोजित करने हेतु दिशा निर्देश...
CHQ द्वारा 21.05.2020 को भोजन अवकाश के दौरान प्रदर्शन आयोजित करने हेतु कॉल दिया जा चुका है। CHQ को अपेक्षा है कि सर्किल सेक्रेटरीज ने इस प्रोग्राम के संबंध में अब तक सभी डिस्ट्रिक्ट सेक्रेटरीज़ से संपर्क कर लिया होगा। एक बार पुनः,CHQ सभी सर्किल और डिस्ट्रिक्ट सेक्रेटरीज से यह कार्यक्रम प्रभावी रूप से आयोजित करने हेतु अनुरोध करता है। कार्यक्रम हेतु CHQ द्वारा निम्न दिशा निर्देश जारी किए जा रहे हैं।
In view of the problems being faced by our comrades in submitting memorandum to the MPs, on account of the Lockdown, the AUAB has decided to extend the time limit for submitting the memorandum for one week, beyond 31.07.2020.
All the circle and districts of BSNLEU are requested to take note of this and to take all out efforts to complete submitting the memorandum to the MPs of their respective constituencies.
Com.Animesh Mitra, President (CHQ) - Rs.10,000/-.
Airtel has lost 5.26 million customers in April, 2020. Vodafone Idea Ltd., has lost 4.51 million customers in the same month. Reliance Jio has added 1.57 million customers in April, 2020, whereas it had added 4.7 million customers in March, 2020.
[Courtesy : ET Telecom dt. 24-07-2020]
The call of the CHQ, BSNLEU, to organise lunch hour demonstrations today the 21-05-2020, has been successfully implemented throughout the country. The demonstrations have been called on, to oppose the increasing of working hours beyond 8 hours a day, demanding on time payment of salary to the employees, payment of wage arrears to the contract workers, as well as stopping their retrenchment and withdrawal of the Corporate Office letter, curtailing the existing medical facilities, are the issues for today’s demonstrations. Despite the lock-down and restrictions imposed on the movements of the citizens, call of BSNLEU has been implemented in a very successful manner. Comrades have participated in the demonstrations wearing masks and maintaining social distance. CHQ heartily congratulates all the comrades who have taken steps to make the programme successful.
Com. S.Subramani, ADS, BGTD & Directors credit society ( BSNL ) - Rs.10,000/-
Mangaluru District Union - Rs.10,000/-
Com. S.Murali, Circle treasurer - Rs.5,000/-
Com. Tanveer Pasha, District Secretary, Mangaluru - Rs.2,500/-
Com. Shivanna, CWC member - Rs. 2,000/-
Com. Raghavendra, CWC member - Rs.1,500/-.
BSNLEU has issued the following press-statement today, in connection with the Lunch Hour Demonstrations organised on 21-05-2020.
1) Com. N. Soosai Maria Antony, DS, BSNLEU, Tirunelveli - Rs.3,333/-
2) Com. John Seril JE, Sankar Nagar, Tirunelveli - Rs.3,000/-
3) Com. Alagu Nachiar, JE, ADS, BSNLEU, Tirunelveli - Rs.3,000/-
4) Com. K.Srinivasan, Circle Treasurer, BSNLEU Chennai - Rs.2,500/-
5) Com S.Tamilmani, Circle VP BSNLEU, Salem - Rs.2,500/-
6) Com. Maria Sundharam BS BSNLEU, GM(O), Tirunelveli - Rs.2,000/-
Ms. Aruna Sundararajan is a 1982 batch IAS officer. She became the Secretary, Telecom, in 2017 and superannuated in July, 2019. Now, she has been appointed as a Board of Director of the LNT Infotech, which is an IT solutions Company. The DoP&T has given the necessary clearance for her joining the LNT- Infotech.
(1) Com.J.Sampath Rao CS, Telangana - Rs.7,100/-
(2) Com.Narender Goud, Adilabad – Rs.2,000/-
(3) Com.Anjangoud, Adilabad – Rs.2,000/-
(4) Com.Durgaprasad, Nalgonda – Rs.,2000/-
(5) Com. R Venkateswarlu, Nalgonda - Rs.1,000/-
(6) Com. J.Kishan Rao, Sangarddy - Rs.1,116/-
(7) Com.KSRK Prasad Sangareddy – Rs.1,000/-
(8) Com.P.Venkateswarlu Sangareddy – Rs.1,000/-
(9) Com.S. Bramaiah, Sangareddy – Rs.1,000/-
(10) Com.D Nandagopal Sangareddy - Rs.1,000/-
(11) Com.K.Ravinder Rao, Hyderabad - Rs.1,000/-
(12) Com.Ch.Nagamallu, Khammam - Rs.1,000/-
As per the call of the CHQ, the Dakshina Kannada District Union (Mangalore) has collected donations to the “Contract Workers Relief Fund”. Out of this, food materials were distributed to 50 contract workers at Mangalore on 21-05-2020. Com.Tanveer Pasha, District Secretary, Com.Rajesh, CWC Member and Com.Revthi Rajesh, All India Committee member of BSNL WWCC, together with other district office bearers participated in this programme.